Thursday, May 5, 2016

Images of the Day: Meet the New Power Rangers (and Rita Repulsa)!

A group pic showing the new Power Rangers...from next year's POWER RANGERS movie.

Back in 1994, when I was a freshman in high school, one of my guilty pleasures when I came home from class everyday was watching Mighty Morphin Power Rangers on TV. I never saw the feature film that came out in 1995, but I was a huge fan of the FOX series...especially when the Green Ranger became the White Ranger, and Lord Zedd showed up on scene to wreak havoc on Earth. Heck— I even got the White Tigerzord toy for Christmas when I was in 9th grade (Why did I tell you that? I don't know)! Do I still have it, you ask? Yes. Yes I do.

Anyways, check out the pic above (courtesy of Entertainment Weekly) showing the new and improved Power Rangers (who may or may not have Iron Man and Japan's Guyver as role models) from next year's live-action movie Power Rangers...which gets released in theaters nationwide on March 24, 2017. Shown below is Elizabeth Banks as Rita Repulsa. I'm a huge fan of Banks, so I don't care that her take on Rita looks nothing like the Asian space witch who was the nemesis of the Power Rangers in the original TV series, and more like Poison Ivy in another live-action Batman film (but not 1997's Batman & Robin). If the new Power Rangers flick is a hit, then I hope that Lord Zedd will show up in the sequel. I'd like to see how much more edgy Zedd can get considering that his brain is exposed in Zedd's original incarnation. I'll end this entry right here to ponder about that...

Elizabeth Banks as Rita Repulsa in next year's POWER RANGERS movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment