Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Images of the Day: Captain Phasma Is Ready for Action...

My drawing of Captain Phasma from THE FORCE AWAKENS and STAR WARS: EPISODE VIII.

As mentioned in this earlier entry, Captain Phasma was gonna be the next Star Wars character that I draw after completing this artwork of a Death Trooper from Rogue One: A Star Wars Story less than a week ago. Unlike the Death Trooper, Phasma was a bit easier to illustrate. Look at the Death Trooper's helmet and you see so many complex angles and features on the mouthpiece that were tough to draw—due to the fact that I wanted to make sure details on both sides of the helmet were properly symmetrical. In the case of Phasma, the hardest thing to draw was her blaster; the armor on her suit was very elegant and simple to illustrate and color...despite the fact that I used Crayola markers and there were only two shades (and not fifty, ba-dum-bum) of gray that I had at my disposal for this artwork.

As per tradition, I also posted the work-in-progress images below. In terms of my next drawing? It'll probably be a non-Star Wars character like...Marvel's Ghost Rider (most likely the Nicolas Cage version and not the one seen in this season of ABC TV's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.). Don't know when I'll begin this illustration, but stay tuned.

Click on the image below to enlarge.

Work-in-progress photos of my Captain Phasma drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment