Sunday, November 29, 2020

Short Film of the Day: THE ELEVATOR...

Just thought I'd share this hilarious video that I stumbled upon on YouTube yesterday! Directed by Greg Glienna, who wrote the screenplays for such feature-length comedies as the Ben Stiller/Robert De Niro hit film Meet the Parents, A Guy Thing (starring Julia Stiles, Jason Lee, Selma Blair and James Brolin) and Relative Strangers (starring Neve Campbell, Kathy Bates, Ron Livingston and Danny DeVito), The Elevator epitomizes why comedic shorts are my favorite type of short films! This dates back to college...when I attended the student film festivals at Cal State Long Beach (my alma mater) and applauded at all the intentionally funny shorts and quietly cringed at the 10-minute shorts that really took themselves seriously. Not to make this entry too long, but I personally think films need to be feature-length in order for the drama to be convincingly conveyed...and not feel forced and over-the-top.

Anyways, enjoy The Elevator!

No comments:

Post a Comment