Thursday, November 3, 2016

ROGUE ONE Artwork: Beware of the Death Trooper...

My drawing of the Imperial Death Trooper from ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY.

Yesterday, I completed this drawing of the Imperial Death Trooper that will make his debut (along with TIE Strikers and the return of the Death Star) in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story 42 days from now (41 if you live in the UK...). Seeing as how this soldier wears all-black armor, it was tricky in terms of what color I was going to employ to interpret the dark outfit since I used Crayola markers (which has a limited palette) instead of digitally coloring this artwork via Photoshop and other editing software. Purple? Gray? Blue? Well, the final result speaks for itself.

Below are work-in-progress photos that I took of the drawing before it was complete. Now I'm trying to think of who I'll draw next... K-2SO (the droid voiced by Alan Tudyk in Rogue One)? A non-Star Wars character like Marvel's Ghost Rider (I've been watching the new season of ABC TV's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.—which features the antihero who was played by Nicolas Cage on the big screen almost a decade ago)? Or Captain Phasma from The Force Awakens and Star Wars: Episode VIII? I'm currently on a Star Wars binge (my previous artwork was the Seventh Sister from Disney XD's Star Wars Rebels), so I think it'll be Phasma. Happy Thursday!

Work-in-progress photos of my Death Trooper drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment