Saturday, December 18, 2004

I watched Lemony Snicket’s A Series Of Unfortunate Events at Paramount Studios last night... It was okay. A lot more entertaining, in my opinion, than Ocean' 12 because of Jim Carrey's performance. The one big flaw that I found with the movie was that they didn't explain the significance of those spyglasses (you'd obviously have to see the film to know what I'm talking about). But according to my friend Sarina (who works at Paramount and was able to get me in for free. Thanks, heheh), Paramount is planning to make sequels to Lemony Snicket since the story is based on a series of children's books. So essentially Paramount is trying to do what New Line Cinema did with Lord of the Rings and Warner Bros. did with Harry Potter. Though I'm pretty sure Lemony Snicket will be the least successful of the three book-turned-movies franchises. Oh yea, I forgot about The Bourne Identity and The Bourne Supremacy.

...

Make that the least successful of the four book-turned-movies franchises. Oh, and I forgot about Mario Puzo's The Godfather (and Jurassic Park...though only two of the films were based on Michael Crichton's novels)!! Dagnabbit, nevermind!!!

Count Olaf and Company.

EDIT: After the movie, Sarina, one of her Paramount friends and her sister (we all watched Lemony Snicket together) and I walked over to the set where they were shooting an action scene for the hit TV show 24. My question is: Shouldn't they be filming 24 at the Fox Studio Lot in Century City and not at Paramount, since 24 is a Fox show? Sarina replied that it was probably cheaper to film at Paramount.

No comments:

Post a Comment