Sunday, December 19, 2021

On This Day in 2001: The Nazgûl Make Their Debut on the Big Screen...

The Hobbits take cover as a Nazgûl searches for the One Ring in THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING.

It was 20 years ago today that The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring hit theaters nationwide.

One of my high school friends who I saw the film with didn't know that this was the first installment in Peter Jackson's acclaimed trilogy, and neither did I! Sorry, J. R. R. Tolkien... I never read the books.

Anyways, I don't think y'all should be surprised that the most memorable characters in The Fellowship of the Ring (plus The Two Towers and The Return of the King) to me were the Ringwraiths, a.k.a. the Nazgûl. I dig mysterious villains who are completely dressed in black cloaks—which is why I'm such a huge Star Wars fan.

And FYI, Sith Lords are cooler. Carry on!

The Nazgûl confront the Hobbits on Weathertop in THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING.

No comments:

Post a Comment