Saturday, February 26, 2022

Movie Review: STUDIO 666...

The theatrical poster for STUDIO 666.

Earlier today, I went to my local AMC theater to watch Studio 666—the campy horror flick created by and starring the Foo Fighters' Dave Grohl.

I've been a huge fan of the Foo Fighters for over 15 years, so I was curious to see how members Rami Jaffee, Taylor Hawkins, Chris Shiflett, Nate Mendel, Pat Smear and Grohl would portray themselves in this movie. I didn't expect Oscar-caliber performances by these Grammy Award-winning musicians; I just wanted to see how gnarly their (SPOILER ALERT) death scenes were going to be in this flick!

Needless to say, Studio 666 didn't disappoint in being as gruesome as possible in depicting the demonic demise of one of my favorite rock bands. And if there was ever a song that actually lasted for 40+ minutes, chances are it would probably be featured on KLOS 95.5 FM here in Los Angeles. That radio station, which is one of my favorites, plays lots of 1980s classic rock songs that seemingly go on forever...

Along with the Foo Fighters, Studio 666 also stars Whitney Cummings, Will Forte, Jeff Garlin, Leslie Grossman and Jenna Ortega...who doesn't seem to mind being typecast as the injured girl who's crawling along the kitchen floor about to be whacked by the main killer at the beginning of a horror film. (Watch the latest Scream movie.) That is all.

The Foo Fighters set up shop at a house in Encino, California, to record their 10th music album in STUDIO 666.

No comments:

Post a Comment