Wednesday, May 4, 2022

On This Day in 2012: Remembering THE AVENGERS...

Captain America, Iron Man, The Hulk, Hawkeye, Thor and Black Widow unite against an alien army in 2012's THE AVENGERS.

10 years ago today, I watched the Marvel mega-hit The Avengers at AMC theaters.

This particular film is meaningful to me...not only because it was an extremely exciting flick that definitely brought the Marvel Cinematic Universe to where it is in the comic book movie pantheon today, but also because viewing this film at the multiplex was the very first thing I did as I recovered from a debilitating illness that caused me to be home-ridden for nearly three months in early 2012.

(The only time I left my house was to see the doctor.)

While 2015's Age of Ulton was probably the worst film in The Avengers franchise, director Joss Whedon knocked it out of the park with the 2012 movie. I highly doubt that Whedon will work on another Marvel flick considering the controversy involving his behavior during the filming of the theatrical version of 2017's Justice League (Google it), but The Avengers will always be one of the movies that Whedon receives high marks for. Check out my review for the film.

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment