Saturday, September 17, 2022

Movie Review: THE INVITATION...

The theatrical poster for THE INVITATION.

Earlier today, I watched the horror flick The Invitation at AMC theaters.

I fell asleep a couple of times during the movie's first act, but I stayed wide awake once I realized that this film was about vampires!

I don't know if I was completely oblivious to the clues when I saw it on the big screen, but the trailer (posted below) for The Invitation did a great job in not letting us know that the relatives of Evie (Nathalie Emmanuel) were members of the undead.

I now realize that the shot where Viktoria (played by Stephanie Corneliussen) licks the blood off of one of Evie's fingers was one hint in the preview... My bad!

I originally had no interest in seeing The Invitation (there were no new releases this weekend that I wanted to watch at the multiplex instead), as it reminded me of the 2019 film Ready or Not—where Samara Weaving also played a bride who needs to fight for her life against murderous, supernatural-crazed in-laws at some eerie mansion.

On the plus side, if there's ever a sequel to The Invitation (it currently made $26.5 million worldwide off a $10-million budget), the ending to this movie made it look like Evie somewhat became the female equivalent of Blade! I can't wait till Marvel Studios' version of the daywalker (this time played by Mahershala Ali) arrives in theaters nationwide late next year.

That is all!

No comments:

Post a Comment