Friday, March 10, 2023

Movie Review: SCREAM VI...

The theatrical poster for SCREAM VI.

Earlier today, I watched Scream VI at AMC theaters.

Just like last year's Scream, this movie was extremely violent and twisted...which is why it completely lived up to my expectations! Ghostface is just so awesome.

Scream VI and the 2022 installment are the only films that I saw in the Scream franchise, so I don't know the earlier stories behind Kirby Reed (Hayden Panettiere) or the psychos who wrought havoc as the previous Ghostfaces. I just think it's cool that Panettiere played an FBI agent in this sequel.

While it was awesome to see Sam Carpenter (Melissa Barrera, who looked awesome donning the Ghostface mask and robe at one point) and her sister Tara (Jenna Ortega) kick Ghostface's ass once more, the fates of the other characters who bore the brunt of the masked killer's knife was a bit amusing.

Apparently, getting stabbed multiple times (and even having a knife jammed through your throat) in a Scream film is the franchise's equivalent of receiving a paper cut. You're out for a few minutes, but casually show up at the end of the movie.

This hilarity reminds me of a memorable moment from Monty Python and the Holy Grail...shown in the tweet below. Other than the goofy moments in this latest installment (I'm guessing they're common themes in all of the Scream flicks), I can't wait for the next film!

You know there's gonna be a Scream VII.

No comments:

Post a Comment