
Congratulations to Curry Barker, Inde Navarrette, Michael Johnston, Megan Lawless, Cooper Tomlinson and Co. as their indie horror hit Obsession crossed the $500 million mark at the global box office this weekend! The movie currently stands at $501.5 million worldwide thanks to countries like China, Germany and the United Kingdom...with a theatrical release in South Korea lurking on the horizon (September 2). Obsession is no longer playing in cinemas here in the U.S.—since you can now buy the film on DVD and Blu-ray, as well as stream it on apps like Peacock.
Obsession is Hollywood's first original movie of the 2020s to reach $500 million globally...surpassing the 2023 Pixar film Elemental (which earned a total of $494.6 million worldwide). Also, Obsession is one of the highest-grossing horror flicks ever!
Half a billion dollars for an indie horror film made on a $750,000 budget. Most impressive.
I'm currently recovering from surgery (gallbladder removal for the non-squeamish reading this) a few days ago, so I can't watch a movie at the theater anytime soon. I guess I can mark today's occasion by viewing Obsession on my DVD copy! Happy Sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment