Sunday, March 20, 2005

Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

"WHAT! JUST A FLESH WOUND." This weekend, I watched the movie Se7en and one of the funniest parodies of all time... Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Se7en was pretty good (yea, I know I know... You can't believe I saw this film just now), though for some odd reason having Kevin Spacey as the John Doe killer kinda took away from the story—to me, at least. I didn't know he was in the film till I saw him in it, and then checked his name on IMDb.com's Se7en page (though there's something about the way I worded this that sounds...odd). Perhaps the reason why I was thrown off is because Spacey always seems to play mastermind criminals (Se7en, The Usual Suspects) or weirdos (American Beauty, K-PAX) in his films. Though I do believe he was an alien in K-PAX. Dunno, never saw that film, haha. But Se7en was good. I think it was a wise decision not to show Gwyneth Paltrow's head in that cardboard box at the end. ... Oh wait, did I spoil the conclusion for you?

Se7en.

In terms of Monty Python and the Holy Grail... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That is one of the stupidest and most hilarious movies of all time!! I like it!! Highlights from this film: The Knights of the Round Table "riding horses" (Do you like coconuts?), the Killer Rabbit who mauls most of King Arthur's men near a cave, the black-suited Knight who fights to the last limb (literally... See the two pics I posted in this journal entry), and the "Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch." And this is barely scratching the surface! I forgot to mention the cartoon Monster who chases after the Knights inside another cave, only to perish when the Monster's animator dies of a heart attack, and one of Sir Robin's men singing a song that pretty much calls Robin a pansy when he refuses to fight a 3-headed knight. You'd have to watch those scenes to appreciate their hilarity... And don't forget the Knights' musical number about Camelot! Yep, Monty Python cracks me up! I just might buy it on DVD. But not now. I have to pay for a new set of contact lenses tomorrow. "We want a shrubbery! Ni!"

Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

" 'Tis but a scratch."

Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

"I don't want to talk to you, no more, you empty-headed animal, food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries."

Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

"Ha ha! Hello! Smelly English K...niggets ... and Monsieur Arthur King, who has the brain of a duck, you know."

Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

"I wave my private parts at your aunties, you brightly-coloured, mealy-templed, cranberry-smelling, electric donkey-bottom biters."

Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

"No chance, English bed-wetting types. We burst our pimples at you, and call your door-opening request a silly thing. You tiny-brained wipers of other people's bottoms!"

Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

"Yes, depart a lot at this time, and cut the approaching any more or we fire arrows into the tops of your heads and make castanets of your testicles already."


Script excerpts courtesy of Monty Python's Completely Useless Web Site.

No comments:

Post a Comment