Sunday, March 19, 2006

'V' prepares to kick ass.

"REMEMBER, REMEMBER... THE 5TH OF NOVEMBER..." That line was by V, the terrorist/hero in V for Vendetta, which made around $26.1 million at the box office this weekend. I watched it yesterday, and needless to say, I want that mask!! Haha, j/k. But seriously though, the film was quite interesting. It pretty much touched on every current-day news item except that rat-squirrel that was found in Laos more than a week ago (Click here for more news on that). What really intrigued me in Vendetta was that (Spoilers ahead for those who haven't seen the movie yet) we never got to see V’s face in the film...though what was inferred from one flashback in the story was that he didn’t have eyes. Of course, it was understandable that V’s identity remain a secret throughout the movie. I think it would detract from the filmgoing experience if Natalie Portman’s Evey Hammond character removed V’s mask, only to reveal the scarred face of Agent Smith underneath. V: "Ms. Hammond, welcome baaack. Weee miiissed yoouuu." (End Spoilers.) Please don’t make me ruin the joke by telling you which movie that came from.


So anyways, what’s next to see at the theater? The Da Vinci Code, X-Men 3: The Last Stand, and Pirates of the Carribbean 2: Dead’s Man Chest. Oh wait— Those movies don’t come out till May and July, respectively. I guess I’ll kill time beforehand by pondering about why I hate MySpace so much. Haha! Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment