Monday, April 12, 2021

A Sad Day for L.A. Moviegoers...

ArcLight's Cinerama Dome on Sunset Boulevard in Hollywood has permanently shut its doors.
FREDERIC J. BROWN / AFP via Getty Images

A few hours ago, I found out through the Hollywood Reporter that ArcLight Cinemas and Pacific Theatres will permanently shut their doors—as business was unable to recover due to the COVID-19 pandemic. All I can say is, this is hugely disappointing...to the point where I almost became a bit teary-eyed as I read various news articles about this. Between 2004 and 2010, I had a fun job at a market research company where I worked movie test and press screenings at the ArcLight in Hollywood and Pacific Theatres throughout Southern California. Also, I watched such films as Avatar, Zero Dark Thirty and two Star Wars films (Revenge of the Sith and The Force Awakens, to be specific) at the ArcLight as well. Not only that, but I visited the ArcLight on Sunset Boulevard numerous times over the past decade to see costumes and vehicles used in flicks like Ant-Man and the Wasp, Deadpool 2, The Force Awakens and Transformers: Dark of the Moon, respectively, inside its main theater lobby.

And now it's all gone.

It's just painful that more nails continue to be placed in the coffin in terms of my memories at places that I'll no longer work at that I do want to work in again. I could make this Blog entry extremely long to voice more of my disappointment at this breaking news, but I'll conclude this here. Another era that I cherished comes to an end.

Posing with the Ant-Man, Wasp and Ghost costumes used in ANT-MAN AND THE WASP...on July 8, 2018.

The DEADPOOL costume on display at ArcLight Cinemas in Hollywood...on May 29, 2018.

Captain Phasma's armor and a First Order Stormtrooper suit from STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS...on display at ArcLight Cinemas in Hollywood.

Posing in front of the Peterbilt truck that represents Optimus Prime in TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON.

Posing in front of the Chevy Camaro that represents Bumblebee in TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON.

No comments:

Post a Comment