Sunday, March 6, 2022

THE BATMAN: Movie Review, Pt. 2...

Paul Dano as Riddler in THE BATMAN.

This is the first time I posted a second blog entry that's a continuation of a recent movie review, but just thought I'd provide a quick addendum to my observations about The Batman two days ago.

I watched the Matt Reeves flick at AMC theater for the second time yesterday, and my notes about Riddler (Paul Dano) were totally inaccurate. SPOILERS AHEAD: It was indeed Edward Nashton who committed all of those murders himself, while his followers were prompted to action only after Nashton posted one last video online prior to turning himself in to the police after killing Carmine Falcone.

This shows that Nashton is absolutely ruthless...and is as brutal as Heath Ledger's Joker in The Dark Knight. Just like the Joker in Nolan's best Batman film, Nashton has the persona to attract other like-minded psychopaths to carry out his bidding even when he himself has been taken out of action.

Well done, Dano and Reeves! To end this entry, here's my favorite line from The Batman:

"They think that I'm hiding in the shadows. But I am the shadows."

Also, I ended up buying The Batman's music score on compact disc since the MP3s were unavailable to download from Amazon last night. Lookin' forward to The Batman 2!

Who will be the next villain that Batman (Robert Pattinson) will confront in THE BATMAN 2?

No comments:

Post a Comment