Monday, March 31, 2008
BARRICADE ON THE MOVE... The pics above have been making rounds around the Web last week, with speculation that Michael Bay might be starting some form of filming on Transformers 2 soon despite the fact principal photography isn’t officially set to commence till June 2. These Saleen Mustang prop cars of Barricade—who can safely be presumed to have survived in the first film, since he completely disappeared following Optimus Prime’s defeat of Bonecrusher on that freeway—were seen on a trailer truck in Culver City (where Sony Studios is located, and is around 40 miles from where I live). Of course, the pics above could've been taken during the first film's production back in 2006, but whatever. When was the iPhone (which supposedly was used to take these pics) released?
Bay starting filming sooner than expected would be understandable, since I read in today’s Los Angeles Times newspaper that there is a significant chance the Screen Actors Guild might go forward with a labor strike in June. Freakin’ unions. So it may be a while till we see leaked photos of Megan Fox looking hot once again for the sequel. Wait— She’s returning, right? I hope so.
Monday, March 24, 2008
G.I. JOE... SuperheroHype.com posted two new images from next year’s action-adventure film, which is being directed by The Mummy's Stephen Sommers. It will be one of two movies based on Hasbro toys to come out in 2009, along with (hopefully) Transformers 2. That’s assuming a strike by the Screen Actors Guild doesn’t take place this June...when filming for the Michael Bay sequel is scheduled to commence. The photo below is of the mercenary ninja Snake Eyes...who is being played by Ray Park, of Darth Maul fame in The Phantom Menace. Looks cool.
Sunday, March 23, 2008
THE BANK JOB... I saw the film yesterday, and it’s pretty amusing in that it reminded me of the whole Eliot Spitzer fiasco more than a week ago. Perhaps the former New York governor should’ve done research on the true story this flick is based on (It's about a group of robbers who pull off a heist in Britain, and end up having to save their own asses by blackmailing a group of politicians and other shady folks who kept evidence of their sleazy affairs in safe deposit boxes at the bank the robbers broke into. I typed this run-on sentence in case you never saw the trailer, haha) , and maybe then he wouldn’t have gotten it on with Kristen. Probably not. Also, I don’t think the guy Jason Statham portrayed in The Bank Job actually beat the crap out of those guys at the end of the movie. Or maybe he did. I should look it up on Wikipedia.
(Of course I know Terry Leather is a fictional character! Hahaha.)
Sunday, March 16, 2008
TRANSFORMERS 2... Here are some things that we know of the sequel so far...
- There will be NO Dinobots in the second film.
- Starscream will have more English lines.
- Director Michael Bay completed a 60-page treatment (during the WGA strike) by which his screenwriting team of Ehren Kruger, Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci are using to write the script.
- The script is currently at 75 pages long, according to Orci on this thread March 11. His screenwriting team is aiming for the standard feature film script length of 120 pages.
- According to Orci, "(Michael Bay) never says he loves anything (in regards to the screenplay), even when he loves it. But to know him is to love him." Hahaha.
- Principal photography, a.k.a. filming, is set to begin for Transformers 2 on June 2nd of this year. Theatrical release is still aimed for June 26, 2009.
- Bay is planning to leak out fake info for the sequel once shooting commences, to throw fans off after the amount of spoilers that leaked out for the first Transformers film during its production in 2006.
- Bay is rumored to be scouting locations in Egypt.
- Filming is also rumored to take place in Philadelphia.
- Actor Shia LaBeouf ("Sam Witwicky") mentioned that he has already seen pre-visualization work (pre-vis) for the sequel, and that the film will be "massive".
- According to this thread page, Orci says that the pre-vis looks "AWESOME!"
- Bay stated that a "geriatric robot" (Kup?) will be part of the robotic cast.
- The tone of the sequel will be similar to last year’s film. There will be some humor but Transformers will more closely be in tuned with fan expectations. But this could change.
For more info, go to this Transformers Movie Blog.
Fan art courtesy of Transformers 2 dot net
Sunday, March 9, 2008
Sunday, March 2, 2008
IRON MAN... You can check out the newest theatrical trailer below. As more new footage gets released, this movie looks cooler and cooler. Of course, even if the visual effects in Iron Man are so completely awesome (I gotta check online to see which effects houses—ILM, anyone?—worked on this film) that it gets nominated for a Best Visual FX Oscar next year, chances are the award will go to another friggin’ fantasy flick. Chronicles of Narnia 2, I reckon. Sorry... I’m still peeved that Transformers got totally snubbed at this year’s Academy Awards.
Screenshots from the new trailer are featured below.
Images courtesy of Marvel Characters, Inc. / Paramount